Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years we cruised the mountain roads (mostly in snow) in our RZR 900XP with the local RZR group. We had to sell the toy due to work relocation. We are back to our original home again and would like to go ride with the group but they suggested instead of spending 10-20k on an RZR again to just pick up a tracker.

Looking back at all the time/money we spent adding doors, roof, heated seats, heater, luxury items to the 900 it really makes sense to just buy the tracker with it all built in for a quarter of the price.

I have been looking around and I really dont think an 80-98hp 1.6l is going to turn the tires I will put on it and keep up with the RZRs but I need to keep it light enough they could pull me out or winch me out if I get stuck. compairing the modded RZR weight to a factory tracker my guess is its about 1400lbs vs 2200lbs

The 2.3 swap looks very easy and will give me the power I am looking for for a small weight gain. My question is what years do I need to look for to make the 2.3 suzuki engine swap as easy as the
video makes it seem to be? All I can tell is its a 96 1.8 with the manual transmission. What year range and model do I need to look for to make it as easy of bolt on as this was?

Also curious to know how strong the automatic transmission is? will it hold up to the power of the 2.3? I read the stock manual clutch cant keep up with it. Shifting is fun buzzing around town but I dont want to ride a clutch in 1st gear 0-10mph for 8 hour rides.

Or is there another swap that would be more applicable for my use? Im capable of medium fabwork projects, enough to be dangerous with a welder, grinder and torch. I have researched a lot but its had to find any projects that were actually finished that didnt have the 1.9tdi or a blown 350 in it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
J23 is an Aerio motor. Only available for a couple of years. Not sure what electronics are involved as it is out of a obdII car. Trans is hooked to computer. Maybe a trans out of a later machine, like a 1999-2004, which would take it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts