Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have the chance to purchase a 2010 SX4 (in Canada, FYI) but the car has no keys. Is it possible to simply change the ignition lock cylinder, or does something need to be reprogrammed?

I read up on this forum about reprogramming fobs and it sounds like 2009 and later fobs are impossible to reprogram without a Suzuki scan tool.

I'm not overly concerned about the fobs, but don't want to purchase the car if changing the ignition lock cylinder will result in an immobilized engine.

Another question, where do people get Suzuki cars serviced now that they have pulled out of the US and Canada???

·
Registered
838 Posts
OK..first, please fill up your profile or signature with more details: where in Canada (you can find friends nearby) ..and eventually car grade (base, JX, JLX), transmisison type....so we will not ask every time.
Is the car a push button start (JLX) or a key start ?
Mine (ehhh. wife's) is a JX, hence key start. Since I do all maintenance myself....I did not search for local service but there is one, whose quallity I can't testify....FOrum members have all kind of ressources to provide help....stay tuned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts