Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After finding gas in my oil, I'm replacing my fuel pump. I THINK the fuel was just there due to previous owners flooding the engine, but a new pump is cheap insurance. I have Ack's sheet on the fuel pump and understand how it works, but what I need to know is- what stuff to I have to remove to access the pump? It looks like I could get to it by removing the air intake and distributor cap. Anything else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
i have a 94 model and i didnt remove anything to get to it. its a bit fidgety but its possible. step by step:

1) remove fuel cap to relieve pressure build up, then reattach it (not overly necessary, but i read that it helps)

2) remove fuel hoses, remember which goes on which plug

3) remove bolts holing it in place. pull fuel pump off carefully

4) remove old seal, replace with new one (my pump came with 2 new seals, only used one)

5) pull out the little metal rod from the engine block (unsure of its name, sorry). smother it in oil, then put it back in CAREFULLY

6) put new fuel pump on, again carefully!... reattach bolts, reattach fuel lines.

7) very good idea to do oil & oil filter at this time

8) pray u did everything right and enjoy!

correct anything i forgot please people... but i have very limited mechanical knowledge and i did it fine :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts