Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys just joined this group Hi to everyone I need some help advise, I have a Suzuki SX4 1.6 2009 hatchback front wheel drive and the big end knock is there, I would like to take the sump oil pan off and try and replace the shell bearings problem is there is a engine cross member under the oil pan can some one tell me how I can remove this to take the pan off and can this job be done by this method

·
Registered
835 Posts
HI. MAke a little effort , go to the UserControlPanel and fill up location, total km , transmission type, and the car info as already listed. This will help in future requests for help.
I'll have a look to the shop manual and come back.
OK this
http://www.avigex.ca/sx4/416Bearings.pdf
...all they know is pulling the engine out. Hope some will come with relevant suggestions...
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers thanks for the advise will take on board been looking all over the internet can't find much info about removing the cross member and I guess I will have to drop the first exhust pipe from the cat once I start the job I will take few photos and show progress for others to make it easy I hope

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Best to pull engine, mount on a stand, and do the job correctly the first time...

Most times the method you suggest does not produce the best results...

... Philip

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Cheers thanks for the advise will take on board been looking all over the internet can't find much info about removing the cross member and I guess I will have to drop the first exhust pipe from the cat once I start the job I will take few photos and show progress for others to make it easy I hope
to get that crossmember out, you need to drop all the front suspension, its a world of hurt. steering, wheel alignment and you still have to support the engine from the top. Pull the engine, its easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks for the advise its back to the thinking block then,as I have to work outside a nd the weather here in the UK is starting to get a bit nasty never done any work on these suzukis in the past so is pulling the engine out a pretty straight job how long you think it should take to get it out and I guess the best way will be to take the transmision unit and engine out together and split it on the ground or just the engine on its own

1 - 6 of 6 Posts