Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks needing to replace tyres on my 2018 Ignis what does everyone recommended keeping the same Bridgestones or has anyone found a better option

·
Registered
710 Posts
Haven't got that far yet but what's your mileage. I'm only on 8,738 miles but the fronts are getting lowish.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Ignis comes with an awkwardly sized tyre (175/60/16) which tends to be pretty expensive. Many people on this forum have gone for a slightly wider tyre for more choice and to save money, but I believe this kind of modification requires notifying your insurance etc etc

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
41 Posts
if you are going to change the size of your tires, i would recomend 195/55r16, a size that is more common than the orginal and therefor cheaper in most places
you also get a smoother ride and more grip (bigger tires means lower tire pressure so i would recomend to go with 30psi if i remember correctly)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi I have just fitted a full set of 185.55.16 Goodyear efficentgrip. So far (I have only done a small mileage due to lockdown) the ride is no worse even though they are slightly lower profile, mpg seems about the same, (it dosnt like this cold wet weather) and has recently dropped from 68.8mpg to around 65, but probably due to aircon to counter the damp, The ride is not so harsh, bumps are still felt but feel a bit smoother, it dosnt appear any quieter even though they are lower db rating than the horrid bridgestones. They were quite a bit cheaper, and easier to get. I had hoped for the XL version which is even higher rated, but ended up with 'performance' which is b rather than a for economy. I doubt whether anyone other than a German test company could tell the difference. The good news is there is a wide choice in this size and it is only 1% smaller than 175's, so you can pick your favorites. Hope this helps. Ps I am running standard pressure at mo, but may experiment when L.D. ends Cheers Colin

·
Registered
56 Posts
23 Feb. 2021. Hi. Having now done about 1500mls on my new Goodyears I have to say Im not at all pleased by my consumption which has dropped from an indicated 68.8 to 64.1mpg (fuelly 60.1) which is obviously my real MPG. Ride comfort is marginally better and grip is much improved so probably worth the compromise. Hopefully mpg will improve with the weather as this is my first winter I have nothing to compare it to. I wasn't expecting quite such large a drop, especially as the Goodyears had such a good economy rating. Ps. I have upper the pressure by 2psi all round. Dosnt seem to have made any difference. Cheers Colin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks needing to replace tyres on my 2018 Ignis what does everyone recommended keeping the same Bridgestones or has anyone found a better option
I've just renewed all four tyres on my Ignis and as I didn't want to pay the high price for Bridgestones I opted for Falken SN110 (175/60R16 82H). Total cost for fitting and alignment was £380. Early days yet but car certainly feels more planted on the road and also quieter even having allowed for adjustment to tracking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts