Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Have any of you heard of a replacement soft-top that has removable (either zip out or roll up) passenger-side rear windows?

I have the standard Best Tops unit (where the back passenger windows do not open and a "safari" top but they are a pain to switch out and, while I love the safari top, there are times that I am kicking up so much dust that I might as well be shovelling dirt into the passenger compartment.

A full top which would allow me to remove or roll up the rear passenger side windows would be perfect.

Thanks.
Bruce

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just doing a Google search and apparently Bestops made a model called the Sunport which had rear side opening windows but it was recently discontinued. I haven't found any leftover stock anywhere yet.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
those aren't recently discontinued, the websites that still have them listed are just extremely out of date. 6 years ago when I called on them, bestop was not making them anymore, so it's been at least 6 years.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's good to know. I won't waste time now trying to find leftover stock!

Do you think it would be feasible to have an automotive upholsterer put in a zipper around each side window so that I could take them out?

Thanks again,
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
It's easier to duplicate what the old tops (discontinued) did. Just add a single zipper to each side right behind the targa bar. Then add some buttoned straps to hold up the rolls... Here is a shot of that old model. This was taken during a 'shake' test for the aux light mounts I was evaluating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts