Suzuki Forums banner

Replacement seats

13K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  eptali 
#1 ·
I tried doing a search for previous conversations about this, but it kept bringing me back to this section of the forum so forgive me if this has been discussed before and I can't find it. I'm wondering who has replacement seats, if anyone, other than those bucket racing seats that look like an uncomfortable ride. And the covers for them look horrible like it's not a good fit. From what I can tell in the pics of this 94 I'm picking up, the driver's seat is in pretty bad shape. Or am I better off just going to a local re-upholsterer, which might cost more?:confused:

#2 ·
Samurai has really narrow seats so it's hard to find matches that fit.

the mazda miata is a nice narrow seat and quite comfortable. You can pick them up at wrecking yards (people wreck miata's a lot around here)

Autozone has some cheap racing seats that are vinyl (big selling point for me) and have flip forward levers (another big selling point if you have kids or gear and run with the top up on occasion) They just barely squeeze into the samurai but you need to drill holes in the floor to bolt the tracks for them. Big plus is that they sit low so you have a lot more headroom if you're tall. They also have harness holes so I of course had to get a racing harness. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Excellent! Thanks for that Baratacus. I'm gonna have to take a look now, and see what Miata seats look like. Not that it really matters to me too, too much compared to the current seats. Anything without rips and cushion hanging out would be nice. I'll check out the Autozone ones, too.

#6 ·
Hawk Strictly Suzuki has developed an elegant and simple solution to our comfort problem, selling seats that are not only a simple bolt-in procedure, but also a much more comfortable and stronger design. Since the Samurai's seat-track width is unique, an adapter kit is included with your choice of any seat from a Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro or Suzuki Esteem to allow for a direct bolt-in installation.

#7 ·
seats!

try a search for seats at my fav place for searching... Ack's FAQ.

Links to lots of comon seat-grafting projects. I installed Tracker seat in mine...

That Hawks deal that eptali sounds pretty good, too! Especially if you can just buy the adapter kit and scrounge the seats at the local salvage yard...

I guess I need to talk to them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.