Suzuki Forums banner

Replacement seats for 88 Zuki

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Aurelija 
#1 ·
Hey, hitting a roadblock trying to find seats for my ‘88 Suzuki Samurai. Previous owner put in racing seats that are a tight squeeze.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I bought new OEM seat bottoms and seatbacks from Boodmo.com in India last fall. Part numbers were for a Maruti Gypsy and they were exact fits. You might have to source the lower seat rails and adjuster, though, but they might have those as well. I can forward you the info if you like; I think I have about $375 in them total including shipping to the house in TN.

Michael

#4 ·
Let me get home over the weekend and search the emails for part numbers and I will walk you through the process. I also have the old seat cushions I'd let you have for free just pay shipping. Or, another option, I just had my rear seat recovered by a top notch dude in the Northeast. I could hook you up with him and ship the old front seat cushions to him for recovering. Your choice.

Michael

#6 · (Edited)
Im in the Nashville area.

I might as well walk you through the shoppre process from India.

The pdf from shoppre is a personal shopper company located in India. Since the Maruti Gypsy was still in production up until a few years ago, there is a HUGE parts supply chain for that car in the far east. I created an account with shoppre.com, gave them the part numbers and the web addresses for the parts I wanted them to buy, and then they sent me a quote for the parts and shipping; I paid them via PayPal so it was insured and then they notified me when they received the parts. I also created an account on boodmo.com which is like the AutoZone of India. I used their account to locate the parts in stock available to buy. Once they had enough parts to ship, they gave me a shipping quote and I paid that fee via PayPal as well. They shipped everything via FedEx expedited with insurance and they paid the customs clearance fees and made sure that everything had the proper invoices. I got both shipments in three days from the time they gave me a tracking number to the time it showed up on the door. i would def use them again for sammy parts bc many of them aren’t avail anymore here in the states. Everything i bought for a Gypsy bolted up in exactly the same place that Sammies do.

The rear seat is a little more problematic. The Gypsys never had a folding rear seat like the US versions, and the parts diagram doesn’t even give a part number to order for the hard top rear seat, which looks pretty close to the rear seats on ours. You can see the difference between their folding version and ours. Im thinking I will just send my rear seat covers off to an upholstery shop and have them restitch some vinyl seat covers close to what I have in the front and go that route. But, you cannot believe the difference brand new seat foam makes in comfort for the front ones.

Altogether, a really easy process but I was a little nervous the first time I paid Shoppre up front to buy something on my behalf; they were very cool to deal with. To recap: the process is find the overseas parts online, snapshot the web address for the parts, then upload the web address(es) for your parts to your shoppre account and they quote everything then ship it to your home when they have the whole order. Pretty seamless. I will say that I have purchased parts for our sammy from Malaysia, Mexico, Japan, and India, and the Indian supply chain is the most reliable. Some of the quality of say, bearings, is not nearly as good as Japanese parts (still functional), but sometimes you just gotta go with what you can get.

A good source to find the OEM part numbers you need is partsouq.com. They have a pretty comprehensive digital parts catalog onliine; take the numbers you find then search boodmo to find suppliers in India that have them in stock.

MB

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.