Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, [TL;DR at bottom]
I purchased a 58 plate suzuki swift about half a year ago, but unfortunately at the time of purchase there was only one key with it, the replacement key (or perhaps the original) had been lost.
Recently I've decided to go ahead and get myself a replacement key in case i encounter a similar misfortune.
However seeing prices of hundreds of pounds for a new key and not much help elsewhere about how I can go about getting a reasonably priced replacement key has lead me to this forum to ask for some help.

In short I am looking for a replacement car key, the remote central locking system is not as important to me as the key itself, however if there is a way to get this for little extra cost that would also be beneficial. I have found blank keys online but there is no additional information as to whether getting this cut would start my car, as I am aware that lots of car keys have immobilisers, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Josh

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
The first problem is that few of us here have any idea what a 58 plate Suzuki Swift is, and even though I know how to decipher it, I'm too lazy to do it. I don't know about the UK, but in the US there are locksmiths who can cut & clone a working key which is typically less expensive than getting a new key and programming it to the immobilizer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts