Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I am in possession of a 2007 Reno. I only have 1 original Suzuki key and recently went to a home center to get the key duplicated. The duplicated key does not work. It looks identical in cut pattern and size.

AFAIK, the key is not a transponder key. There is no battery slot. Just a regular key with a plastic encased head and suzuki name stamped. Is there anything special about the key that I need to get it cut by the dealer?

Also, is there a central jack point on the front of the car? I'm tired of lifting/lowering each side manually with my jack. Would save me lots of time if there was a central jack point. Please let me know where it is if there is one. Pics, diagrams are helpful too.

Thanks,
Julian

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi sawdusted. if you dont have a factory alarm in the car and a key with keypad(lock,unlock) on it then its probably just a poorly cut key. it happens all the time. just go back and tell them the key doesnt work.
there is no central lifting point that is listed/recommended for lifting the front of the car. it looks like there is one for the rear. heres a link hopefully it will work lolol
http://lacetti.com.ua/chevy-man/graphic-pool/J/3B/1/J3B10B12.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information 7-Even.

I do not have a alarm system. So I guess the key is not made properly. I actually went to 2 different home centers to get them cut (with the same type of key machine).

Guess I'll have to go to a real keyshop ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,258 Posts
What happens when you attempt to use the key?

If it doesn't lock/unlock the doors & steering, it is incorrectly cut - if it locks/unlocks the doors & steering but the car does not start it IS a transponder key, it does not need to have a battery to be a transponder key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What happens when you attempt to use the key?

If it doesn't lock/unlock the doors & steering, it is incorrectly cut - if it locks/unlocks the doors & steering but the car does not start it IS a transponder key, it does not need to have a battery to be a transponder key.
Nothing happens. I cannot turn the key at all. Any of the doors (including hatchback) or the ignition. I assume it is a poorly cut key? But i have comapred the keys side by side and overlapping each other and it is a perfect (to my eye) duplicate.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
id say try a key from another location. sounds like a bad cut. if a ridge isnt pointy enough or if its just not as long the key wont work. let us know how you make out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts