Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i need some help.
i have a 2006 forenza and i recently switched out the head unit for a upgraded version with a aux input.after letting a family member borrow the car i found that the majority of my speakers were blown out.
im looking for a speaker kit that i can simply switch out with the stock speakers.im looking for something similar maybe a bit better with more bass but what will work is fine.i assume i can just open up the casing over the speakers and exchange them correct?any links to some kits?

·
Registered
245 Posts
i have a 2006 forenza and i recently switched out the head unit for a upgraded version with a aux input.after letting a family member borrow the car i found that the majority of my speakers were blown out.?
That blows...

im looking for a speaker kit that i can simply switch out with the stock speakers.im looking for something similar maybe a bit better with more bass but what will work is fine.i assume i can just open up the casing over the speakers and exchange them correct?any links to some kits?
There isn't such thing as a "speaker kit". You'll need to purchase a new set of aftermarket coaxial speakers to replace your blown stockers. While this process is easy,it requires patience and some time. The casing over the speaker does not come off, you'll need to take the whole door panel off to gain access to the speaker. To do so, just loosen the 4 screws and pop out the rivets on the sides and bottom. Then unplug your power window harness and trunk latch and the speaker will then be obtainable. Swap the old with the new, put the door panel back on, and enjoy. This is just a general guideline of course. I can go in more detail if you'd like?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where is the 4th screw hiding. Door handle? Can't find it.
That blows...

There isn't such thing as a "speaker kit". You'll need to purchase a new set of aftermarket coaxial speakers to replace your blown stockers. While this process is easy,it requires patience and some time. The casing over the speaker does not come off, you'll need to take the whole door panel off to gain access to the speaker. To do so, just loosen the 4 screws and pop out the rivets on the sides and bottom. Then unplug your power window harness and trunk latch and the speaker will then be obtainable. Swap the old with the new, put the door panel back on, and enjoy. This is just a general guideline of course. I can go in more detail if you'd like?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts