Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a ton of after market places for a Jeep body... anyone one know of any for Sammys? (true 88, not 88.5)
I noticed mine has some major cancer. Where the floor meets the side, under the door is totally gone. (rocker panel) All the road salt and surf fishing has taken it's toll.
I have found some @ samuraisalvage.com but $300 each for used parts seems nuts.
Plus anything else I may need...

thanks,
george

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Understand what you are asking for... This is a Samurai, 15 years after the last one was sold in the US. In the last 8 years or so folks finally figured out how great they can take the trails, but they are still not as available as a common Jeep (which will run 3x the price).

There are not enough people out there that have put up any serious cash, enough to convince any US manufacturer to front the tooling and supplies, to offer replacement tubs (like the expensive Jeep tub replacements).

There is a company in Europe that makes them, but if $300 turns you away, don't even bother to google...

I would be happy with a $300 tub in good condition. try looking up the cost of a new windshield frame...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You miss understand what I wrote. (or I just goofed it...)
The $300 was just for a rocker panel. the part under the door... not the body tub.
If I replace both rocker panels, that's $600. And yes, I have priced windshield frames. Makes me want to move to a warmer climate and just take it off. :eek:
(the windshield)

thanks,
george

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Hahaha...
I understand now...
If the rockers are all that you have to replace, just cut out/kill the rust, seal it and then cover the rockers with something like the Rockbiters from ZOR.
RockBiters

Probably cheaper in the long run...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'll do some searching but there is a place that sells new body panels, floor panels, transmission tunnel, rockers, targa... etc prices were pretty reasonable If I remember right.

I'll get back to you on that.

edit: these rockers are $127 each for brand new stock panels.
http://www.extremebends.com/body-parts-sj410-sj413-c-110_111_25/sj410-413-rocker-panel-p-64

these rockers are only $55 bucks each for steel OEM panels
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/suzuki.html

might go to the first link if you need a new pan, but for the rockers that second site is the place to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts