Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Chevrolet Epica 2004 and have been unable to find a shop manual/CD for it. I think it is the same engine as the Verona Suz 04 , 2.5l5 DOHC-24.
I only had the car for 2 weeks and it already gives me a engine light. I can even figure out with protocol it uses. The pin 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 13 and 16 are populated but i need to find out which is CAN-low and CAN-High

·
Registered
282 Posts
They are not CAN system, they are regular OBDII and it is much cheaper to buy a simple code reader rather than trying to make one. You cannot jumper pins and get codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a GPS system that should allow me to read the code, if i can figure out which protocol the Epica is using. From previous research, there are 3 OBDII protocols but the populated pins don't seem to correspond to any of the them:
J1850 VPW--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 2, 4, 5, and 16, but not 10.
ISO 9141-2--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 4, 5, 7, 15, and 16.
J1850 PWM--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 2, 4, 5, 10, and 16.
(From OBDII - On-Board Diagnostic's System - Does My Car Have OBD-II? The Connector and Communications.)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Should you get this to work please post a followup since I have no idea why a GPS unit would inteface with a OBD connector.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok, interesting.
I decided to take a look at our service manual and the wiring diagram...I might be wrong about it not being CAN. It is, or least a hybrid CAN, since our scanner does not require the CAN interface. Here are the pin assignments on the diagnostic link.

4 and 5 or ground
6 appears to be ECM data
13 is SDM( airbag ) module
3 is Speed Sensitive steering module
7 is body computer, tcm (trans computer), and abs via a splice pack #S201
11 is fuel pump relay
16 is battery power

ECM low speed can is pin 22, high speed bus is pin 41.
Both show straight thru connection to TCM and ABS module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts