Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 SX4 base hatchback Great little car But I was blown away with the cost of a alternator $ 699.00 delivered Took 1 week to have it shipped to my auto repair centre I'm worried that the next repair may be impossible to afford I joke about this a Ferrari alternator probably less .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was stuck and had to use a garage to change the alternator I was a little scared after I got a battery boost and headed home all the dash lights started coming on & she wanted to stall I guess the low voltage was playing havoc with the computer module .If anyone else have this kind of problem have it towed P/S I got the old Alternator & I'll get it fixed for the next time .Another problem is the dealers are in Brantford or Toronto & I live in Hamilton .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Phillip

Before I got the SX4 I had a 2000 tracker It's in Mike's junk yard on Mud Street I got it as a used car It had no heat & I spent a lot of money trying to fix it Flushes Head gaskets Water pump etc. Lots of problem mechanically stuck in two wheel drive Last straw was front end there was a recall one the front end I missed it by One year seem that the salt on the roads would rot out the front cross bar But I ran it for 13 years so stop complaining !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts