Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of replacing my speakers on my 2005 Suzuki Reno. Before I purchase and without having to take the door apart, I was wondering if anyone happens to know the speaker size and maximum wattage of the speakers. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you, Joe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The maximum wattage on the factory speakers isnt very good...i replaced mine a while ago and dont remember the exact wattage i just remember being rather surprised at how low the quality was

·
Registered
321 Posts
try lookin in crutchfield.com there really good whith electronics and car audio u can see wat fits the car min.-max.

·
Registered
582 Posts
sp1d3rman87 said:
The maximum wattage on the factory speakers isnt very good...i replaced mine a while ago and dont remember the exact wattage i just remember being rather surprised at how low the quality was
wow really.. on my 06 reno they seem to sound pretty good. I found out that my speakers sounded good was when i hooked my xm up in it. My radio/cd player sounds horrible and when i turn my xm on.. its sounds damn good. So i know now that if i want a good sounding radio/cd player, i will have to get a better one..hehe.

·
Registered
811 Posts
blakmetalemp said:
The factory speakers in my 06 Reno were 20 watts RMS.
Sounds about right.

The HU is 140. There's 8 speakers. 140/8=17.5 watts per max.

Now, if you don't count the tweeters, it's 140/4=35 watts PEAK which is still.............17.5 watts RMS (if I remember my wattage conversions correctly).

If you're going to upgrade the speakers, IMO do them all at the same time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just remember it does no good to upgrade to a 200 watt speaker and then have to turn the head unit up all the way to get any volume, all you end up doing is pumping a lot of distortion to the speaker. So if you got 25 watts per channel then go with a speaker that can handle 50 watts.. My self Id go with an eclipse head unit, infinity seperates and 10 inch sub.. It wont thummppp but it will be the cleanest sound you ever heard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts