Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I switched a CD/MP3 player (Daewoo brand) from Reno to my Forenza, but it works like a piece of junk. The EJECT button works every 500th push. Basically, sometimes I am more focused on the player than on the road. If a CD finally comes out and I put a new one, the button will eject it right away two or three times and then the story repeat itself. Another 500 pushes to get the CD out.

I got a list of about 100 codes to activate the CD player after installation. Can a code disable functions such as "CD Eject" just to drive a person who gets it second hand insane? Or maybe there is some combination of buttons to get a CD out. Another thing, the problem is the same whether I play a CDR with burnt MP3s or an original CD.

The button doesn't appear to be broken, it produces the clicking sound just as all the others.

Any clues will be greatly appreciated. The upgrade cost me $200 just to get this MP3 player and a small pocket underneath just like in Reno, but it appears it was a waste of money now. To make things funnier, the original CD/Cassette player was sold.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Was the cd/mp3 player from a wrecked car?
I have two different friends that have had nice stereos in their car and have been in wrecks. They took their stereo systems out and everything else in their systems worked fine but their head units. Something in the cd player mechinism didn't work correctly either didn't survive impact I guess.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There was an issue with mine last summer where it wouldn't eject either. In fact I think several people have had this problem.

Turns out to be the disks. You actually have to use cheaper (Read: Thinner) CDs when you make your MP3 disks. Seems the better quality ones get stuck. But I haven't had this happen to me in a year or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts