Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got a road trip in two days and can't afford to get ham-fisted and break anything... won't get another part in time.

How do I get the MAP sensor loose? I've disconnected the cable, and from what I can tell, it's threaded, but it isn't budging and I don't wanna break something.

Any tips?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Should have a Torx screw, I think it was holding it in on the passenger side of the MAP sensor as installed. Then you pull it up and out then disconnect the snap in electrical connection.

It is right in the middle of the manifold under the fuel rail. Kind of a bugger but it can be done. I use 1/4" drive stuff.

SCREW ON????

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Why do you want to replace the MAP sensor if it isn't failing? It isn't an item that typically just fails for no reason.

·
Registered
388 Posts
From my last post it is an external torx that holds it in place just to updatge

Why do you want to replace the MAP sensor if it isn't failing? It isn't an item that typically just fails for no reason.
Actually they have created an updated part for performance reasons on the Forenza Reno. They like to get crudded over and cause hard start conditions.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Actually they have created an updated part for performance reasons on the Forenza Reno. They like to get crudded over and cause hard start conditions.

That is interesting.. I've had one map sensor fail on me. Caused the ECU to think there was more vacuum than what was really there, thus the ECU tried to cut injector duty cycle to a very low level (like 17:1 AFR) and it would keep fighting back and forth with the O2 sensor which tried to put it back to 14.7 AFR. Eventually it threw a code, something about "system too lean", but nothing related to the MAP sensor. I spent 5 hrs trying to figure out what was the problem swapping and trying different things, when in the end it was a 2 min fix by replacing the MAP sensor.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
In What way do mean upgrading the Intake?

Also I got my new MAP sensor in the other day and it was cake to install...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts