Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 2dr canvas top. I got the top removed, but is there a trick to removing the support bows? The bows are fastened down but look ugly...I've seen pix with them removed.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
25,548 Posts
I was hoping that the diagram for the 95-98 is as definitive as the earlier tops. Sadly, it isn't, but here is the diagram of the top - each of those fasteners that hold the rear bow in place have a screw in them that can be unscrewed to remove the fasteners.
http://www.suzukicarparts.com/parts...?siteid=214820&vehicleid=9161&diagram=1410205
The bow itself, at least as my FSM is concerned, appears to be riveted into the fastener, so it is possible you need to take the fastener off the car, rather than the bow off the fastener. I will also add that, if you are just removing the top to use the convertible, hopefully you are not in a place where rain comes on quickly. The top takes a good bit of time to put back on - and if you have the added work of replacing fasteners and bow, you'll be drenched by the time you're done....;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts