Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 sami 4x4 that currently sits to high for my taste. The best I can tell is that it is currently spring over with shackle lift. I would like to remove shackles and leave the spring over part. What do I do about my center link? Being lifted, it is obviously some after market job,looks like a lightning bolt. Will i need a stock or can I use this after market one. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like you have a Z-link steering arm. Removing this will depend on your angle once you lower it down.

Most Spoa lifts will either have the Z-link or a better upgrade such as OTT (over the top) knuckle to knuckle steer.

You might even be able to get by with a 3" drop pitman arm and a stock steering arm but without knowing the exact angle this is all speculation.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
A SPOA lift on a Zook will be a minimum of 4.5" of lift. A 3" dropped pitman arm would still throw off the drag link alignment if you tried to go back to a stock arm. I would suggest looking into a proper high steer solution. You want your drag link to be as close to parallel as possible to avoid bump steer. A 'Z-link' or other crooked drag link only gives an illusion of the correct geometry. It makes things 'fit' but the angle is still there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump Steer, those are bad words. I chased one on my Dmax 2500 4x for 12months until I finally used some 4 wheel guys and they noticed that my idler arm was for a 1500hd and not the 2500hd. Bought truck used, what a nightmare. Now, that truck is awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts