Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last several days I suddenly cannot remove my key from the ignition of my 2006 Verona- Is this an electrical switch somewhere or a mechanical link of some type?
Any Ideas?

Thanks-

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You can try to free it up with some lube..
Otherwise you will need an ignition cylinder..

·
Registered
3 Posts
nope only when car is dead the key comes out. Ive tried everything. i just sold the piece of shit. Who wants a car that suzuki makes and cant figure out what the problem is. anybody can walk by and steal it. i usually stick to higher class cars but wanted a beater. The worst beater i have ever had. one thing after another and the car has 62k. they are pathetic. Burn them all so the world wont be contaminated with them. Best beaters are chevy 84-92. they never left me stranded or if u can afford one a lexus or any toyota you cant go wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had same problem because shifter would not have tension to the left when in PARK. I had to take the shifter box apart and than made a spring that worked.

The Key would come out only if I force the shifter to the left with my right hand and pull the key with my left hand. New shifter assembly cost $280 (Canadian). But I just made my own spring form other springs that lordco auto parts store.

·
Super Moderator
12,168 Posts
Most automatic transmissions I've seen have an ignition key interlock, which may or may not be mechanical - all the ones I have taken apart had a Bowden cable, but it can also be done electrically - designed to prevent the driver from removing the key if the transmission is not in Park.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would highly recommend not to use graphite in any lock. Use only fluids. Graphite will eventually jam up a lock, and there is no way to get it out except to take the lock cylinder out and then remove it. Sometimes you have to blow the lock to get all that stuff out. Liquid lubes can be messier, but will never fill up a lock and jam it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the last several days I suddenly cannot remove my key from the ignition of my 2006 Verona- Is this an electrical switch somewhere or a mechanical link of some type?
Any Ideas?

Thanks-
After experimenting for a long time with different lubes, wire brushing the key, and just punching and kicking randomly, I REMOVED THE CLOCK FUSE. Only then would the key release from the ignition cylinder. My mechanic is baffled and I don't have a functional clock, but the key comes out and I didn't have to torch the ******.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have this issue with my 05 verona... if any one else has this issue.. try this ... pull the shifter to the left side and try to remove the key at the same time. If it doesnt work then idk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts