Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pull out the backseats for a camping trip a few weeks from now. I'm hoping I'll be able to re-install them reasonably easily afterwards.

Here's what I'm hoping for: Someone to come up with a quick release system that replaces the bolts that are being used now. Chrysler and the other mini van people have been doing this for years. So, if any enterprising person builds this, I'll be first in line to buy it from them.

cheers from Tucson, pb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I second that motion!

I second that motion.:) Seems crazy they didn't do something like that anyway since there isn't much holding them in place.:p Oh this thread may help for now. SX4 Forums

·
Registered
2 Posts
nice idea

Just thought I'd add my own experience of taking out one of the backseats. First, it's definitely a feature that should be engineered into the car. Simply rolling up the backseats really wastes potential cargo room. Second, it's a pretty simple process to remove 'em so long as you have a wrench set. I first tried to loosen the nuts using an adjustable crescent wrench. Not only was there very little room to get the wrench in there, but the nuts were so tight that the little bit of play started to strip 'em. One trip to Home Despot for a very basic $20 metric wrench set solved the problem. Now the wider backseat is a new addition to my study (although it needs to be propped up against a wall since the back doesn't lock into place once removed from the car) and I've got loads more storage room in the hatch and one small "jumpseat" backseat. Not to mention that my dogs can now jump into the car much more easily.
At least Suzuki engineered the thing so's that each seat's shoulder belt works independently. Perhaps an anticipation of the mod?
THANK YOU for posting the idea chxplyr and the pics mooney101. Probably wouldn't have occurred to me otherwise. You ROCK!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Length of cargo area?

Would someone advise what the length of the cargo area is from the hatch to the back of the front seats? I am considering one of these but I don't want to go all the way to the dealership to measure.

Thanks much in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts