Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi this is my first post and I'm new here I Own a Daewoo Lacetti Lux

And I was wondering if there's someone who could help me out cause I want to change my factory radio into a aftermarkt one but I don't know how i must remove that panel so I can change the radio.

You can see it on the pic that chrome thing that is what I mean that I want to remove.

with was screwdriver ? I don't know please help me out :(

Thankssss :thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Lacetti,

What you need to do is........

1. Get down into the footwells of the car and look toward the center of the car toward the center console. When down there you will see the A/C controls.

2. While down there turn the A/C contorls on/off and adjust the air flow levels (ie. defroster, bi-level, floor level) untill you see a 12 gauge sized wire (give or take a gauge or two) moving. This wire must be disconnected at the source. Slide your pointer finger underneath it at the base of it (the conection will be a white cylinder with a circle which goes over a pin type lock. Sort of looks like a solid rope and noose.) and push upwards while using your thumb to release the locking mechanism on it. (You will see what I mean when you touch it). Once removed move over to the passenger side.

3. Repeat steps one and two.

4. With a wide flat headed screw driver start removing the silver center trim around the stereo/ A/C controls from the bottom. It is held in place by six clips. I recommend starting on the right side at the bottom. Slide the screwdriver gently under the the trim and gently slide upward until you feel resistance. Once at the point of tension or resistance take your fingers and gently pull towards your self in an upward motion until you feel the clip disconnect.

5. Repeat step 4 until trim is disconnected.

6. Use a phillips head screwdriver (or 10mm socket) to remove the four bolts that hold the radio in place. You will then be ready to access the wiring harness or replace the stereo with an aftermarket unit.

7. Reverse process to restore trim and A/C controls to factory position.

8. All done...Enjoy! :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts