Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to clean up the housing that comes in two pieces (87 Samurai). The dash cluster needs to come off to do this (I guess) but it's being stubborn. The emergency blinker switch is in the way too.

I've replaced the ignition by removing the two 'knock off' bolts. Used a hammer and a screw driver on the side of the bolt to rotate it. Took awhile but it's behind me now.

I'll post stuff as I go along if you like. I'll have plenty to share :p

·
Registered
264 Posts
I want to clean up the housing that comes in two pieces (87 Samurai). The dash cluster needs to come off to do this (I guess) but it's being stubborn. The emergency blinker switch is in the way too.
You can remove the steering column attaching bolts, instead. It will give you enough room to pull the column down and get the surround over the emergency blinker switch. I've done this when I don't want to reach under the dash and disconnect a stubborn speedometer cable and instrument wiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove steering wheel & column

It's been a long, long wait.....(the answer)I know but I just discovered my question. To add to the answer, remove the two large screws/bolts sometimes where the column meets the firewall. You'll have to almost stand on your head but be patient. Drop the unit down with the steering wheel already taken out and the faded plastic junky cover can be installed. Don't waste your time cleaning and polishing. Buy the right color for less than $5.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts