Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I often carry two passengers in my Jimny so I don't want to yank the back seats out altogether, but I never carry three passengers and it would be handy to have the extra luggage space provided by removing a seat.

Is there an easy way to remove just one back seat or would that require having a custom rear seat made? I don't want to wreck my seats, just in case I make another friend so it would be good if there was a way that didn't involve hacksaws. Spanners would be ok though :)

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
What year is your Jimny?
There was a time when the Jimny shared a body style with the SJ413/Samurai model. If that is the one, then look for a 1987 Special Edition rear seat. It was a split seat that bolted into any year that had the threaded rear seat inserts. They folded down seperately. No hacksaw, no mess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply :)

Mine is a 1999 Jimny. The back seats do fold down seperately, and that's how I have it at the moment. However, I'd like to remove one of the seats altogether so that I have more of a flat area for storage and so that I'm not bunging manky stuff (deer carcasses etc) on the back of the seat.

Any idea if that's possible?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just get a large tarpaulin or damp proof membrane from B&Q, cut it into sheets about 2mx2m. Flatten one out, put the deer carcass on top, fold-up the corners of the tarpaulin.

I've done that before in my Jimny :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer my own question, after some exploration today it turns out to be very easy to remove one back seat as the two back seats are completely separate. Just three bolts (one on the left at the back and two on the right in the floor) to remove the back and one bolt at the front to remove the bottom.

I don't think it would be possible with newer Jimnys as they appear to have a single rear seat spanning the width of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts