Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 5 speed transmission for my 1994 JX. Can anyone recommend a reputable remanufacture company?

·
Super Moderator
19,275 Posts
What is your location?

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
736 Posts
Is your current tranny toast and beyond repair?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just a couple of questions. Are you doing the install yourself? Did you get the other bad trannies in Omaha? I assume you've already searched for trannies in Omaha/East Nebraska. The next place to look would be Kansas City -- what's that, four hours from Omaha?
Finally, how the heck are you going to move without a transmission -- or is that why you're asking?

·
Super Moderator
19,275 Posts
I read that he is asking about locating a new (re-man) tranny or even a place to repair his. Not yet another unknown condition boneyard offering to roll the dice on. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a couple of questions. Are you doing the install yourself? Did you get the other bad trannies in Omaha? I assume you've already searched for trannies in Omaha/East Nebraska. The next place to look would be Kansas City -- what's that, four hours from Omaha?
Finally, how the heck are you going to move without a transmission -- or is that why you're asking?
Doing okay thanks. The install will be done at a transmission shop in Grand Island. Nebraska and Iowa are coming up empty on junkyards listed on car-part.com.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Grand Island is about as close to Kansas City as it is to Denver -- two much larger cities that are more likely to have the transmission you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts