Suzuki Forums banner

Relay for aircon.

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  fmartin_gila 
#1 ·
I may need a relay for the aircon, (from inside the under bonnet fuse box) i cannot read the part number on it, the car is a Suzuki Alto SZ4 2012, does anyone either know what the part number is, or where i can find it, i have messed around all afternoon on the internet, i am fighting a losing battle, an off chance i know, but worth a try.:)

#3 ·
Darrell, thanks for the reply, that is a great site for finding part numbers!, just had a quick google on that part number and it comes up as a fuel pump relay, i will have a look on the site tomorrow when i have more time.
thanks for the help.

#5 ·
Yes i have the38860M79F00 relays in a couple of slots, they are Blue in colour, the aircon one on mine is half the size and White, anyway i tried putting a Blue one in just to see if it worked, no luck, the compressor does not start, i have changed the fuse just to be sure, so this weekend its back to the drawing board, it must be something else that is stopping the aircon starting up.

#6 ·
There is more to the A/C circuit than the fuse and relay.. Have you considered some testing beyond pulling fuses and relays ?

Do you have the skills and equipment to work on an A/C system ?

#7 ·
Well the aircon was working when i last tried it, at the weekend i will test if power is getting to the clutch, i will get my voltmeter out, if not i will remove the relay and use a piece of wire to test if the clutch is pulling in and out, of course i will test to see if the clutch is free first, i simply tried the fuse and relay first, because it is easy to get at and would have been silly not to try the simplest first!

#8 ·
Have you considered a low refrigerant scenario ?

There are a couple of pressure switches in the loop as well.

Jumping with an un-fused chunk of wire is dangerous. keep in min there are 2 circuits in the relay socket, a control and a load.. The BCM may not look kindly if they are crossed.

#9 ·
Ok, i am convinced its not a relay or fuse problem, i can just get at the clutch in front of the pulley, and i can turn it, my next move is to see if i have got 12v at the connection near the compressor, i need to get underneath to do this, can't reach it from above, i will be putting the car up on my ramps shortly to change the oil and filter, so i will get the meter out and test the connector at the same time, if i do have 12v there, then i will have to investigate the suggestions by Aquanaut, that will be more difficult.

#10 ·
Bit of a late update on this, only just got around to checking it, fuse ok, relay ok, jumped the relay with a bit of wire and i can make the compressor clutch go in and out, so that is ok, it seems that it either needs re gassing or a pressure switch has failed, does anyone know where the switches are located? or is it better to get the garage to re gass it? can the pressure switches be tested?

#11 ·
Testing the pressure switch is best left to someone with the refrigeration equipment and the know how - you're going to need at the very least a gauge set to verify the system's internal pressures, and if the switch has failed, removal & replacement of the defective switch will require whatever refrigerant is in the system to be captured before the switch can be removed, and the system evacuated & refilled after the switch is replaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.