Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not a very good first thread but here it is. Have noticed leaking red fluid, maybe a few tablespoons under my 07 Reno for the past week and a half or so. I'll make time to dig into it soon (been buried with lotsa other stuff). Doesn't smell/taste sweet so I'm assuming it's not coolant. Sooo, tranny fluid or power steering fluid? Will jack it up and crawl underneath in a day or so but off the cuff, what would you smart Suzuki cats say the mystery red fluid is? Steering and auto tranny seem to be working fine at this point.

Thanks folks.. RJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coolant looked fine at a glance in the fill tank. Haven't checked PS fluid and if I remember correctly, the ATF system is sealed and has no dipstick/level check point? The car was my daughters since new and now my daily gas mizer driver so I need to get into the maintenance of the Reno a bit more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
RJ,

This maybe your problem... it's your trans fluid, I just went through this on my Forenza. Same thing, looked down on the pavement and red fluid... I looked at the lower hard lines coming of the bottom of the radiator and sure enough, RED fluid all over the line. The line was basically corroded to hell, including the elbow joint leading into the radiator. So this is what I did, mind you the Forenza has 158k on it. Ordered a brand new radiator off Amazon for $60, bought the hard line for $60, along with some misc. parts and installed it all. My tranny was 3qts low, the mechanic said I could have easily burned up my clutch packs. So a warning to you, check your trans level ASAP, along with your lines off the bottom of the radiator. My radiator includes the trans cooler within it, it's that way from the factory and pretty standard I think...

GL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts