Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
It is ALL a matter of driving style and duty use. Towing, stop and go, "riding" the clutch to hold a vehicle on a hill, off-roading severe usage, etc all contribute to an earlier demise.

I have 279,000 miles on my original clutch, FWIW. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
200 Posts
It is ALL a matter of driving style and duty use. Towing, stop and go, "riding" the clutch to hold a vehicle on a hill, off-roading severe usage, etc all contribute to an earlier demise.

I have 279,000 miles on my original clutch, FWIW. :rolleyes:

Holy cow, I'm going to send my wife over for driving lessons, probably wouldn't hurt me either, lol. Nice..

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Hmmm...did you mean how long would it take a mechanic to replace your clutch? Or how long a new clutch will last in the car??

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
did you mean how long would it take a mechanic to replace your clutch?
That's an interesting interpretation of the question, and you may be correct in your thinking! :)

IF that is the concern, then we'll need to know 2WD or 4WD for a better approximated time.

4-6 shop m/hrs is my estimate for actual hands-on effort, plus whatever idle time to send off and return receipt for flywheel resurfacing. This also assumes that the replacement parts are on-hand or same day available. And of course how busy the shop is with regards to the BIG picture accomplishment time-frame.

$300-$500 (USA) plus parts I'd estimate.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,264 Posts
The last 4x4 manual, I replaced the OEM clutch pack at 95Kkm, the replacement was still good when I hit the 500Kkm mark... My son on the other hand blows a clutch in about 50Kkm....

I consistently get 600km to the tank, to his 350km... So driving style makes a huge difference...

.... Philip

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
I went through my clutch in one afternoon, attempting to reverse a too heavy trailer up a hill....:(

·
Registered
598 Posts
When RPMS climb and not moving like it should. Or put in second gear bump up against a solid object... slowly let clutch out it should kill the engine if still okay... if not you will get a slipping. Has always worked for me on evry vehicle I have owned with a manual... even motorcycles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts