Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took my 2010 SX-4 in for oil change they asked me to do the following services
Brake Flush (109.95)
Power Steering Service (89.95)
Transmission Fluid exchange Service (169.95-209.95)
Coolant Fluid exchange service (119.95 or 149.95 depending on 1 or 2 gallons)

I have always taken it in to the dealer for oil changes and she says I haven't ever had these done. Car has 72K miles on it.

Wondering which of these I must do and if prices sound reasonable.

Thanks
PS I am not very handy tho I did manage to replace the air filters on my own not too long ago!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
First off, where in the world are you? i'm guessing USA

second, all are part of necessary maint to prolong the life of the car, ignore them and car won't last as long as it would if they are done. People neglect brake flushes, power steering and trans far too often. I see cars in the shop that are dead at half their expected life from lack of basic fluid changes.

third, prices if in the same currency here are reasonable for whats involved. A full service here with an oil change, air and cabin filters, oil filter and power steering, brake and trans flush / replacement is about $800. Coolant I recommend doing every 36 -48 months especially if you live in an area that freezes in winter and gets over 30C in summer as it does degrade over time

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, where in the world are you? i'm guessing USA

second, all are part of necessary maint to prolong the life of the car, ignore them and car won't last as long as it would if they are done. People neglect brake flushes, power steering and trans far too often. I see cars in the shop that are dead at half their expected life from lack of basic fluid changes.

third, prices if in the same currency here are reasonable for whats involved. A full service here with an oil change, air and cabin filters, oil filter and power steering, brake and trans flush / replacement is about $800. Coolant I recommend doing every 36 -48 months especially if you live in an area that freezes in winter and gets over 30C in summer as it does degrade over time
Sorry, I'm in the USA.
Thanks for the advice! Just wanted to be sure that the dealership wasn't ripping me off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts