Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as of yesterday I noticed that the recirculation light flashes.. meaning that I can out it in taking air from outside but it will all most immediately change itself to recirculation and flashing, which according to user guide should mean a problem with the heating system and the need to contact a dealer.
Has anyone had similar problem and an idea as what to look for?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to see if I can find out the fault like suggested in that link.

I do not have the suzuki tool, however I do have an OBD thing connected, purhaps it will show the fault some how in one of the many menus..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When checking via OBD II, and the APP Torque, I get no info on my problem regarding the heater.

So I will now check via the link for AC DTC CHECK, MAX refers to.

Im trying the "not using SUZUKI scan tool" part.

Can someone tell me where this is situated:

2) Light over sunload sensor vertically with an incandescent
lamp of approximately 100 W. ??

Found it myself ;-)

installed on the driver side on the dashboard

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
When checking via OBD II, and the APP Torque, I get no info on my problem regarding the heater.

installed on the driver side on the dashboard
and you thought it was a removable plug covering a bolt holding the dash in didn't you? hehehe

Check the fresh/recirc door isn't binding when it operates, mine was and that causes the recirc light to flash, everything else worked fine. Bit annoying as the car was 12 months old at the time. A bit of plastic lube on the pivots and it was fine, hasn't played up since. According to the dealer here, its somewhat common, they get one every couple of months doing it, usually about 10 years old, but as per my one, the new ones can do it too.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
depends on the model, mines the "new shape" 3G where EVERYTHING is behind the dash and hard to get to.

It may also just as easily be a leaf thats gotten caught in the flap as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm... tried the described way, ink above. but cant get it to show the flashing of the aircon light as to determine what is wrong..

Checked fuses as well, and all is fine, with engine idleing usually one can hear the compressor running when aircon is on.. now however nothing is to be heard, and Im thinking it might be the compressor thats faulty.. but how to check that? remove the fuse and then the recirc should stop flashing since it can't detect any fault or??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
First, hello all, I'm new to this forum. Nice to meet you all.

Recently I have bought grand Vitara 2007 2.0l petrol and had all sorts of issues with from day one unfortunately. I have been dealing with flashing recirc light from beginning but sort of assumed it was empty AC indication so just ignored it, hoping it comes off after a while. It didn't. I have read about clearing cabin filter, which I did and it helped for a couple of weeks. Now I took care back from garage where it had coil packs and spark replaced and ever since it started flashing again, just this time it does it from the moment I start the engine. Fan behind the glove compartment seems to be working fine, I actually took the filter out and put my hand in there to feel the flow, and it is spinning, heating, cooling and everything. I was going to see if there are any leaves underneath the fan, but can't get that plastic off. Do you have any idea where should I be looking for an issue maybe?
Kind regards
Miles

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
flashing recirc light indicates a fault refer to pic and pdf of DTC codes to start looking

Attachments

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
yeah, its usually the floor/demist vent sticking on the pivot point. Syringe and silicone plastic grease is the solution

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you all for the replies,
yeah, its usually the floor/demist vent sticking on the pivot point. Syringe and silicone plastic grease is the solution
I'm noob in that field, any chance you could elaborate a bit. Sorry, I'm IT tech, no knowledge on cars, but i' fairly confident getting my hands dirty if I know where to look for issues.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
download the manual and start in the HVAC section, and look at the controls for the air movement flaps. Motor driven and all plastic and they bind. changing several times thru all positions may clear it, but i'd pull the codes first and see what it thinks is wrong

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this issue with my Vitara. Turn the car off, Put AC on coolest Setting, put the Blower Speed Off and hold the Defrost/Foot Button and the Face and Foot Button together and turn the car on. It will then show a pattern with the error. If they both flash then the outside air flashes 3 times then goes back to both, its a Outside Air Sensor issue. i just pulled my whole bumper off to get to it, and bam no sensor is even attached. Might be the same issue with your car. Im going to buy A sensor and replace it and see if it fixes the problem, I'll let you know. On your display on the top of your consol where the time is, does it ever display the temp? if not thats also a pretty good indication its a faulty or missing Sensor. I'll check in when I replace the sensor if i can find this thread again. I hope I helped

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Just had this issue with my Vitara. Turn the car off, Put AC on coolest Setting, put the Blower Speed Off and hold the Defrost/Foot Button and the Face and Foot Button together and turn the car on. It will then show a pattern with the error. If they both flash then the outside air flashes 3 times then goes back to both, its a Outside Air Sensor issue. i just pulled my whole bumper off to get to it, and bam no sensor is even attached. Might be the same issue with your car. Im going to buy A sensor and replace it and see if it fixes the problem, I'll let you know. On your display on the top of your consol where the time is, does it ever display the temp? if not thats also a pretty good indication its a faulty or missing Sensor. I'll check in when I replace the sensor if i can find this thread again. I hope I helped
the sensor is missing? shouldn't be able to happen as the plug has a pretty solid clip on it. I have had them fall down and get stuck behind the bumper mounting brackets tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I think it's the flaps sticking/binding. I have noticed I can often get rid off it, by putting it in full blast for a while. Also, seems to be very temperature related. Might be freezing and soon as heating manages I can unstick it and it goes off on its own.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
control flaps binding is semi common, Syringe of plastic grease and a bit of contorting is required. There is a thread on the forum somewhere detailing how and where to lube.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts