Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. New to the Forum, just recently purchased an 06 GV XSport in the States. I'm enjoying it! Trying to get over some "used car kinks" like squeaks, weird noises, etc. Going to be performing it's 60k maintenance soon. Have a few questions!

I assume I should get the valve lash inspection I've read about? Not sure if it's been done, and I'll have to do more research into what is involved.

Also, has anyone turned their GV into more of a "street machine" or suburban toy? I'm not an enthusiast, but just came from a Jeep, so was debating on going against conventional ideas on this forum, and getting H&R lowering springs and trading the 16" rims for 17"/18"... I've seen a few user posts about this, but were years ago since they updated, so wanted to see if anyone still had thought about their experience? I wanted to see if how it would change the ride (thinking stiffer = bit harsher but better handling) and towing (would it lower to the point of limiting the capability)? The ride is a bit loud and squishy now... needs new tires and probably new shocks, but if I'm going to invest, want to customize.

I've already upgraded the audio, just didn't upgrade the factory sub. Still debating. I have some other possible plans, but we will see where it heads.

View attachment 31714

View attachment 31722

View attachment 31730

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I don't know about lowering GV's. You should get the valve clearance checked. I think it's due at 60,000miles, and you can be sure the previous owner did not have it done. Get more than one quote for the work, as there have been reports of this costing almost nothing, up to $1200. You might consider a tuner shop would have the expertise to do this efficiently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts