Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, we got a recall notice on our 2008 SX4 for something to do with the sensor in the passenger seat for the air bag. This has been quite a while back. As the part to complete the recall became available, we would be notified. We have never been notified. Has anyone else had theirs repaired or know anything about this recall ? Our Suzuki dealer is long gone so we can't inquire there. Thanks for any info...

RECALL Subject : Occupant Classification System (OCS) sensor mat
Report Receipt Date: SEP 06, 2013
NHTSA Campaign Number: 13V405000
Component(s): AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected: 193,936
Manufacturer: Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.

SUMMARY:
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. (Suzuki) is recalling certain model year 2006-2011 Grand Vitara and 2007-2011 SX4 vehicles. In the affected vehicles, over time, the OCS sensor mat installed in the front passenger seat may fail due to repeated flexing of the mat from use of the seat. As a result, during a crash necessitating deployment, the air bag will deploy regardless of whether the front seat occupant is an adult or a child.

CONSEQUENCE:
Air bag deployment with a child in the front passenger side seat increases the risk of injury to that child.

REMEDY:
Suzuki will notify owners and dealers will replace the front passenger seat cushion assembly (which includes the OCS sensor mat) free of charge. Sufficient quantities of parts are not currently available to fix all of the affected vehicles. Owners will be notified of the recall in October 2013 and Suzuki's recall campaign number is VD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi ricbrk
I went to a service center for Suzuki and was not able to get mine fixed because I have 137k and for this Recall you Must have less than 120k.. The dealer did tell me that a NEW Recall is coming out in March that will include any Sx4 affected by this no matter what year or miles.

If you are under 120k just go to Suzuki Auto and look up a service center near you and they will fix it.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts