Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear Wiper and sprayer on my 2007 Grand Vitara works in every position except the Mist selection. It will spray fluid but will not swipe the 3 or 4 times it's supposed to. What would be out or cause this? As I said, every other wiper selection and spray works.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Looks like the switch controls the washer and signals the BCM (body control module) to run the wiper, including the timing. I would start with checking the switch since it's mechanical, assuming you're going to fix this yourself, otherwise see an automotive electrician.

I tried uploading the diagram but it's not working.:confused:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Not sure if you are a new owner or not. Or if this issue just appeared.

There is a function on the switch to just spray the washer fluid without the wiper moving. You rotate the switch towards from you to pre-wet the window before rotating the switch away you to active the wiper. There is no spray on the first, intermediate (mist) position.

If you continue to rotate the switch away you as far as possible (against the spring-loaded position) the wiper starts and sprays at the same time. When you release the switch from the spring-loaded position the wiper continues to run without the spray.

Is this what is happening? If so, it is behaving normally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.