Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the dash, the rear wiper button light to show you what it is, is out. Has anyone replaced the bulbs in the rear wiper or washer buttons and know how to do it? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
I can't believe I'm asking this. :D

Year?

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
I haven't done it on an XL-7, but, on the other Suzukis, you can pull the switch out and remove the bulbs - they are usually in a little ¼ turn holder - Radio Shack #272-1092 should fit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow.. we didn't get that fitted on Our Models of the XL-7 the switch for the rear wiper is a twist knob on the end of the wiper arm stalk on the steering collumn...

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
He's got an '02 (looked it up). :rolleyes:

So maybe they differ from your model / year (or country of origin / manufacturing plant).

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Max is right. 02 XL7. Its a push button on the dash. This is what it looks like.. Its the one on the top

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
That looks like my GV, with a a couple different OTHER button placements.

Mine that DO light up have that separate little hole / window that illuminates when turned on (Cruise and Fog's at top / left). But my rear wiper (and washer) buttons don't HAVE such a window.

Red LED for the alarm.

And no "back lighting" for button lettering ID on any of them, if that is what you mean.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
weird, Max. My washer button below the wiper switch does have a back light and I could have sworn the wiper button did at one time too. But now its dark

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Gentlemen, if the legends on those switches are not backlit, you either have a blown fuse or a blown bulb - Max - I have that fog light switch and mine is backlit - XL-7 - why would Suzuki backlight the washer and not the wiper?

These switches are different to those on my other Suzuki - but the bulbs are the same (I just disassembled my fog light switch) - the switches snap in from the front, and can be slipped out - I do it by removing the coin holder (grab & pull) and then poking a finger through, the latch clips are top & bottom - once you have the switch free, unplug the cable and then disassemble the switch - the rear section unlatches and slides back - and you'll see the bulbs sitting in plastic shrouds.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow this is so Interesting !
Mine has NONE of those switches present in the XL-7... Even the dash display isn't dimmable.. its just one setting !

Out of all those switches I have the coin holder and the power mirror controls

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
You can add them - or some of them anyway - the options are different based on the market the vehicle is built for, but the wiring harness is usually preinstalled, and the connectors are sitting in a space on the back of the switch blank.

All my GV had when I got it was the coin holder and the power mirror controls, I added an OE fog light switch from ebay, plugged it in and re-wired the harness to control my Hella driving lights.

Most of the later vehicles are "pre-wired" - I've done this with the last three vehicles I bought - add the lights of my choice, add the dash switch, and the missing fuse & relay - the only thing that says it's not a factory job is the lights.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks.. That what i was looking for...;)

Gentlemen, if the legends on those switches are not backlit, you either have a blown fuse or a blown bulb - Max - I have that fog light switch and mine is backlit - XL-7 - why would Suzuki backlight the washer and not the wiper?

These switches are different to those on my other Suzuki - but the bulbs are the same (I just disassembled my fog light switch) - the switches snap in from the front, and can be slipped out - I do it by removing the coin holder (grab & pull) and then poking a finger through, the latch clips are top & bottom - once you have the switch free, unplug the cable and then disassemble the switch - the rear section unlatches and slides back - and you'll see the bulbs sitting in plastic shrouds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts