Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2007 Grand Vitara used, and for the first time since I've just now used the rear window wash ....or tried to. The rear wiper works fine, but no liquid out of the little nozzle at the top of the window. Supposedly, there is a really long fluid hose from the washer tank in the engine all the way to the back. When I turn to the rear washer, I can hear the pump run, but no spray. The tank is full, the front spray works fine. I've read other places that say this means it's usually plugged somewhere. Anyone got any ideas what the likely problem is and some hints on how to fix it? Thanks.

· Registered
302 Posts
I have had this problem myself.
What was wrong in my GV was that the hose had come unplugged at the firewall. On the left rear of the engine bay, close to the battery, the hose runs through. Check it there.

· Registered
2010 Grand Vitara 1.9DDIS
21 Posts
I have disconnected mine and flushed it with compressed air. Then installed an inline non return valve. It works perfectly the line is always full with washing fluid. 1 $ solution and now I have instant washing when the switch is turned.

· Registered
14,010 Posts
I have disconnected mine and flushed it with compressed air. Then installed an inline non return valve. It works perfectly the line is always full with washing fluid. 1 $ solution and now I have instant washing when the switch is turned.
There's a factory fitted non return valve in the line by the connector at the rear door where the line goes thru the bellows.

· Registered
2010 Grand Vitara 1.9DDIS
21 Posts
Yepp, that's spot on. I just found it on the exploaded view. Anyhow mine was either missing or defective as it took at least 10 seconds for the fluid to hit the rear window. It was much easier to put one in the line under the hood than disassemble the back door. You know: laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. ;):D

There's a factory fitted non return valve in the line by the connector at the rear door where the line goes thru the bellows.

· Registered
14,010 Posts
Mine failed due to inter mixing different washer fluid brands, went to a sludgy gel and it never worked after I flushed the lines. Found it and replaced it, took me about 5 minures

Reactions: Depner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts