Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Ignis CVT purchased May, rear view camera previously with it's brilliant wide field of vision suddenly around 6 or 8 weeks ago changed. At the bottom of the screen a largish chunk of the field shows the back end of the car and the top part of the number plate. Assuming a fault had developed I took it to my local showroom, where the technician informed me there was nothing wrong. I explained that it was not as when purchased or indeed for the first 4 months and wanted an explanation re why, and indeed how, it has been altered. He was unable to tell me this and showed me a new one which has the same part of car and plate showing at bottom of screen.
Has this happened to anyone else....I dont like this new 'adjustment', neither do I understand how it has occurred and I am feeling brushed off when told 'nothing we can do'. If not a fault I would like recognition that it has been changed at least and ideally I want it to revert to how it was when I was shown it in the showroom and as it was for the first 4 months....any input welcome. I should say in every other regard I have been more than pleased with my vehicle.

·
Registered
910 Posts
2018 Rear View Camera Change ?

Mine shows the edge of the bumper and a bit of numberplate.

Not sure if it used to or not...

EDIT - I've found this online image which reasonably equates to mine

·
Registered
910 Posts
2018 Rear View Camera Change ?

To be honest - thinking about it - isn't it better to see the edge of the bumper?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine shows the edge of the bumper and a bit of numberplate.

Not sure if it used to or not...

EDIT - I've found this online image which reasonably equates to mine

Thanks so much for your response to my query.....yes that's exactly like mine. I take your point too that it might be advantageous to have a little bit of your own car showing but it does reduce a little of the field of vision if set that way. I have to, I suppose, accept that is how it is now, but it's not what I bought, if you take my point. It has been changed somehow without any consultation or even notification. I feel a little bit cheated. Waiting to hear what Suzuki has to say about this. I should add I am a bit of a perfectionist, not that that alters anything overly much. Thanks again !

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Ignis CVT purchased May, rear view camera previously with it's brilliant wide field of vision suddenly around 6 or 8 weeks ago changed. At the bottom of the screen a largish chunk of the field shows the back end of the car and the top part of the number plate. Assuming a fault had developed I took it to my local showroom, where the technician informed me there was nothing wrong. I explained that it was not as when purchased or indeed for the first 4 months and wanted an explanation re why, and indeed how, it has been altered. He was unable to tell me this and showed me a new one which has the same part of car and plate showing at bottom of screen.
Has this happened to anyone else....I dont like this new 'adjustment', neither do I understand how it has occurred and I am feeling brushed off when told 'nothing we can do'. If not a fault I would like recognition that it has been changed at least and ideally I want it to revert to how it was when I was shown it in the showroom and as it was for the first 4 months....any input welcome. I should say in every other regard I have been more than pleased with my vehicle.
Hi greyjsybee, Did you ever resolve this? I ask because the same has happened with our 2019 Ignis. The field of vision changed suddenly from a full frame rear view to now including the bumper and a small portion of the number plate. Have spoken to our Suzuki dealer and they are going to speak to Suzuki but from experience they say the view should be as it is now. All we want to know is why it has changed. Has the camera physically moved in its housing? Will it change back again etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine done the same it altered after few weeks where I can see part of the back of the car now exactly as the former said.
It's still okay and I have checked the lines give you clearance as indicated though so left it alone, not that I know how to adjust it anyway ? X

·
Read Only
329 Posts
This particular unit has several camera functions. The camera view (which can be displayed when driving) is different to the reverse camera view. You can use the AV source selection panel to switch the back camera input. When selecting reverse you may see the rear camera view for a short time before the guide lines load up and the view changes. Obviously the reverse view must show part of the rear bumper otherwise you can't judge where the car is relative to the distance guide lines.

Most Suzuki dealers and even Suzuki technical don't have a clue about the detailed operation of the Pioneer unit! Pioneer are, however, very good at answering technical and operation questions if you contact them by email.

·
Registered
910 Posts
There's a point there. The original query is about the Bosch unit - so there may be differences with the Pioneer unit. Certainly I can't get any alternative views on the Bosch unit as implied above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
I’ve recently encountered a issue with my partners 2016 ignis, it has the pioneer head unit.
since it went in for a handbrake switch recall (today) the reverse camera has failed to even turn on, has anybody else encountered this ?
head unit works fine as the radio and media features are functional
Curious to whether they’d have unplugged or disconnected it whilst doing the recall and forgetting to reconnect it
Tho it seems unlikely as the phono connection should only disconnect behind the head unit .
Any thoughts to why the reverse camera function won’t activate ?

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
The best course of action is to take it back and have them fix it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello everyone,
I’ve recently encountered a issue with my partners 2016 ignis, it has the pioneer head unit.
since it went in for a handbrake switch recall (today) the reverse camera has failed to even turn on, has anybody else encountered this ?
Curious to whether they’d have unplugged or disconnected it whilst doing the recall and forgetting to reconnect it
Tho it seems unlikely as the phono connection should only disconnect behind the head unit .
That sounds more like a clear fault that would need to be fixed by the dealer I'd have thought. Mine is Bosch btw...
I only just saw a few replies to my original post and so apologies to anyone who contributed nearly a year ago (or was it longer) because I didn't receive any notifications and in fact sort of got used to the camera anyway. (Suzuki continued to deny it had altered in any way, which tbh I found rather offensive...why would I make it up ?) I did discover how to remove the 'lines' and after doing this it was for me easier to get used to. My whole issue was with it suddenly changing into something rather different from what I had purchased and that bugged me a bit....
I am about to buy a new Hybrid of the same ilk and that one also is the same with regard to the camera.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hello everyone,
Welcome to this forum.

To be honest, no. But maybe the wiring from camera to head unit runs down the "transmission" tunnel and they damaged it when accessing the handbrake switch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have exactly the same problem and the dealer has said it is a firmware upgrade (£39.99 under warranty). It is dire. They did it apparently because the guidelines were not appearing all the time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We have exactly the same problem and the dealer has said it is a firmware upgrade (£39.99 under warranty). It is dire. They did it apparently because the guidelines were not appearing all the time.
Oh bad luck...but at least for you it is being acknowledged by someone. Funny reason to change it, seems to me, I removed the guidelines on mine because I found them offputting....Both the dealer I got mine from and Suzuki wouldn't accept any thing had changed. The chap who sold me the car actually demonstrated it to me pre purchase so I asked him after it'd changed and the little weasel pretended he couldn't remember. My issue was being treated like an idiot who makes stuff up tbh, but as no-one was remotely interested, I just gave up and got used to it and my new hybrid version Ignis is just the same. I value honesty and just wanted someone, anyone, to admit it had been altered and to potentially offer some kind of a fix. Anyway I gather from other contributors here, it isn't unusual to not have a full field of vision to the rear, though why that makes sense is beyond me. Are you getting the upgrade ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had my Vitara 2019 inn for a tire swap (from summer to winter tires) and this camera adjustment happened to me to.. Had the car for around a year now before this happened. I'm sad.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just had my Vitara 2019 inn for a tire swap (from summer to winter tires) and this camera adjustment happened to me to.. Had the car for around a year now before this happened. I'm sad.
I upgraded my Suzuki since posting originally and the camera line of sight is the same as it was after weirdly changing on the previous one. I've got used to it now but what annoyed me was the flat out denial by everyone, including Suzuki themselves that any change had occurred. I spoke to to the original chap at the dealership who had shown me the camera before I bought the car and I liked the broad field of vision it gave...then when it changed it was narrower. Guess what, he claimed not to be able to remember how it was and suggested it might just be my imagination. Presumably being female means you are less observant or have a poor memory or something.
I was absolutely incensed at the time. All I wanted was someone to admit it had altered, that's all and denying it just made me properly fizz and trust car companies and salesmen even less than before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts