Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i am new to this post . So i have done the rear springs of the 1992 samurai on the front i bought a bolt on kit to mount the springs from the front and putting the shackle in the middle . The problem is here ... when i articulate the car the prop shaft is falling from its splines. Hope someone can help me . Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
17,871 Posts
Does the "kit" manufacturer recommend lengthening the drive shaft or adding a spacer to the drive shaft mating flange? :huh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a 1 inch spacer i cannot have a bigger spacer becsuse when the suspension in closed the propshsft will not have anymore space to close so its closing good . The problem is accuring when it comes to opening the suspension

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hi guys i am new to this post . So i have done the rear springs of the 1992 samurai on the front i bought a bolt on kit to mount the springs from the front and putting the shackle in the middle . The problem is here ... when i articulate the car the prop shaft is falling from its splines. Hope someone can help me . Thanks guys
This an unusual "Rears Up Front" (RUF) setup...

I installed a RUF on my SJ413 that has the fixed end of the spring behind the front axle and the shackles in the stock position. This setup is the opposite of yours. That "may" have something to do with why the flexing causes the driveshaft to separate... Maybe. Or not... :confused:

One thing that you CAN do is to drill a new hole for spring pack bolt that will physically move the axle (and the face of the differential flange) to the rear - which will restore the factory wheelbase. this will help keep the drive shaft from separating. It will also re-center the steering wheel by putting the steering gear back to it's original alignment.

The reason why you should try this fix is because the rear springs do not have the same physical dimensions as the front springs. They are longer and, without the big helper spring, are bit flexier than the original front springs. The rear spring's extra length stretches the wheelbase causing the front driveshaft to separate under moderate suspension flex.

Check out this link for more information:

RUF for FAQ

I hope that this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts