Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this ... I'm about to buy a 2012 Jimny Sierra SN413 model.

It does not have a lot of room down the back, so I'm considering removing the front seat totally and both rear (bench) seats. I want to remove that block of foam underneath the rear seats and build a false floor with a raised open platform so that I can slide my surfboard underneath that platform down to the front area.

On top of the false floor at the rear, I'd like to put back either the front seat or get a replacement single seat like in the JLX model. The other side of the raised rear platform, I'm going to build a small table (with drawer underneath).

At the end, my Jimny should have the driver's seat, a table behind the driver's seat on the raised platform, no front passenger seat and a single rear seat on the raised platform.

Does anyone know how I can remove the rear bench seats? I've looked at the awesome pictorial instructions to remove the seats of JLX model but not the new 2012 model.

Thanks heaps - I'm a total newbie to the Jimny, so any other tip would definitely be greatly appreciated. I'm really hoping I'll be stoked with it *fingers crossed* !!!!!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

I noticed that this post has been read quite a few times, but there has been no reply ... pardon my ignorance - is that because it cannot be done? That is, the rear seats cannot be removed?

I thought that to make the conversion easier, I could simply remove the rear seats, bolt the front seat to the passenger side at the back and build the false platform to the rear of the driver's side. I can then simply flatten out the front passenger side with a raised floor so then it all becomes a bed and the jimny grows into a mini camper.

I used to have an xtrail that i converted and it worked really well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
??? anyone??? can the back seats and the front seats be removed? If they can go in, surely, they can be removed and if so, how?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I suspect there have been no replys because no one has done it and they don't want to give bad advice. If you do this mod take some pix and let us see how it turns out.

What happened to the surf boards on the roof thing?...... now that looked cool:cool:

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Many of the members that actually answer are from the US and we got cut off from new models (413) back in 1995...

I would be interested in what you come up with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I see thank you both so much. I have a mate who does a lot of car restoration - heck r's amazing he even built a car and a boat a bike even from scratch so I'll be asking for his opinion. The more I look at it the more it seems possible... The second conversion with the passenger side. The side behind the driver should be similar to the one I built with the xtrail ... Will post when done!

Thanks heaps again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts