Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, looking to get my '89 sidekick back on the road and have 3 kiddos that would love to ride around with dad. The back seat upholstery is shot due to exposure. Im guessing neoprene is the way to go? Anyone know of a good aftermarket seat cover that is water proof that will fit my truck? I have found a lot of Jeep specific options so I had even considered switching to a Jeep rear seat, specially some that i saw which will seat 3 little ones...anyone have any experience with that swap? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
I'm guessing that this is the one piece bench seat in the rear, rather than the 2 separate seats? Frankly, I don't know how easy any swap would be, as I would think you would have to transfer the latch mechanism, etc., from your original seat to whatever you were swapping, so that the seat would secure to the latch connecting to the frame on the floorpan. Other than a seat cover (and again, unlikely that you will find one specific to a Trackick - you may find one for any bench seat and have to modify it to fit yours) you could also look through your local junkyard to see if there is a wrecked Trackick with a rear seat for sale. Any 2 door Tracker or Sidekick, certainly from 1989-1995 should fit the rear of your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts