Suzuki Forums banner

Rear gears question

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Skape 
#1 ·
Hey Zuki crew, I’m new to the forum, hopefully someone can help. My Zuki is a show car or competition car. I drive it a hand full of times a year. My question is what, gears can I put in my stock rear to get my Zuki pass 65 without it screaming rpms. Or atleast go 70 without it screaming 5500 rpms. I’m reasonable 3000rpms will be fine. I have a 1983 Toyota Corolla 1.8 motor and transmission automatic. So I was hoping I can put gears from another Zuki that would fit right in my stock rear. Plug and play set up. And I dnt want to change my 20 wheels neither. So is it possible?

#4 ·
What tires are you running?

Your problem is most likely caused by your choice of wheel & tire - judging from the pictures you've posted, the package appears to have a smaller rolling diameter than the OEM size. Gears are available for the Samurai axles, but what you'll find will work with larger tires as preferred by the off road users, so they won't help in your case, leaving you with a very limited choice of options...

a) keep your 20's and fit tires with a taller profile
b) go to a larger rim and choose a tire so the rolling diameter corrects your gearing issues
c) swap in a different axle with gearing that meets your needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.