Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Chevrolet Tracker 2.0 Auto
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a 2000 Tracker and the rear crossmember has rusted through, to the point where the fuel tank shield is hanging off and the tank is probably going to fall out. How would I go about replacing this? Is there anywhere to buy a replacement crossmember or would it have to be custom fabwork? Any advice would be helpful. thanks :)

·
Registered
2000 suzuki grand vitara jlx .2.5l manual transmission 4x4
6 Posts
I'm having the same problem on 2000 gv. Looks like a pretty simple fab job I'm just going to cut it out and weld in a straight one higher up the frame with some short braces coming down from about 6-8" out from the frame kinda like trusses.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently got a 2000 Tracker and the rear crossmember has rusted through, to the point where the fuel tank shield is hanging off and the tank is probably going to fall out. How would I go about replacing this? Is there anywhere to buy a replacement crossmember or would it have to be custom fabwork? Any advice would be helpful. thanks :)
Almost guaranty there is a direct replacement if anything go to a salvage yard an buy one off them sadly only a few let you go get the parts you need by urself anymore

·
Administrator
16,161 Posts
Only one rear crossmember was available separately, and I doubt you could find a new one at this point - the others, if I recall correctly are nothing more than straight lengths of pipe - not too difficult to fabricate a replacement.

Reactions: Brianboucher25
1 - 5 of 5 Posts