Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my rear passenger caliper locked-up. I was in the middle of replacing the brake disc/pads and going to clean the caliper and push it back when my dumb-ass friend pressed the brake pedal and popped the caliper piston right out of the caliper. Now I have brake fluid dripping all over the driveway and I don't know exactly how to re-insert the piston. It appears to be threaded on the inside. Do I just screw and push at the same time until it's seated again? Need help ASAP as I need the car to drive tomorrow. Thanks.

Pics of piston in and popped:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what I thought. Problem is the piston does not want to go back on the threads. Maybe I need to fabricate a plus-shaped tool to fit it and help push it on straight. I'll see what I can hack up. "Bleeding" is an understatement. There's a few quarts of DOT3 on the ground by now. :-(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:
The piston was not easy to get back on. I ended up going to the local auto parts store and borrowing a caliper tool. Although the caliper tool's plates are much too large for this little brake, a little fiddling with the alignment and a lot of pressure got it to screw back on. I don't yet know if the brake is still good but I'm in the process of installing new pads and discs all around then I'll bleed (fill?) the entire system. Still would be nice to have a tool custom sized to this brake. When I get to work later, I'll make one on the CNC machine just incase this ever comes up in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts