Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear axle rolls, when i begin to release clutch, it only moves about and inch, but it still shouldnt move as far as i know.

Could anyone tell me a possiable reason for this

88 Samurai, 5.13 gears, spooled rear, spoa lift,

I didnt build the lift on this truck, so idk if there may be a torsion type bar missing somewhere. Pictures of other rear axles would help as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
SPOA tends to put more stress on springs and they get weak quickly. Most likely from dumpen the clutch too many times. ;)
A friend swapped the springs around, left to right, front to back. (not the front springs to the back, just spin the rear springs around) I'm not sure if it did good or not. Personally I would think it's easier to replace them...
Depends on what you want to do... replace them, add some kind of bars, replace and add a leaf or two...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
check and make sure your ubolts are tight. The nuts sometimes come loose causing some play in the axle. Make sure your perches are secured. Do you have bolt on or weld on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking i needed some kind of torsion bar, I'm trying to do a CJ spring conversion, but im waiting to figure out exactly how i wana do it.

Thanks, i'll have to check the u-bolts i didnt think about that. But is that the only thing that holds the rear axle stiff in a samurai?

Dropping the clutch lol, That does absoultly nothing in my truck, i wont even spin a tire unless im in the sand.

thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
your axle shouldn't roll. The antiwrap bar is for when you're putting a big load on it and keeps you from bending your springs. If your axle is rolling then either your springs are loose, the perches are loose, or the ubolts are loose. The locator bolts that hold the packs together can sheer off or fall out and that can cause slop in the spring pack as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts