Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI TO ALL I REBUILD MY TRANSFER CASE AND IT HAS A LOT OF PLAY,CAN ANY TELL ME HOW TO ADJUST THE PLAY ON THE TRANSFER ?

MY REAR AXEL HAVE A LOT OF PLAY I REMOVE MY DIFFERENTIAL AND IT WAS FINE MY PROBLEM IS THE AXEL ,CAN ANY TELL ME IF THIS IS A CLASIC PROBLEM WITH THIS AXEL?
AND IF ANOTHER AXEL WILL FIX LIKE THE SIDEKICK OR THE ONLY SOLUTION IS UPGRADE TO THE TOYOTA AXEL , I AN RUNNING 31 BUT I AN ALL THE TIME ON ROAD (DAILY DRIVER):confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
even carefully taken care of t-case and diff. gears will wear down over time and this wear wont always be seen. also check your drive shaft splines for slack. a little play wont cause a problem as long as you don't have any vibration that should not be there. if all that checks out and you have some vibration still your axle end bearings may need replaced.

·
Registered
138 Posts
is your samurai?

you have automatic or manual transmission?

I have same problem with my 94 tracker it have manaul transmission but it pretty lot plays for me I say 1/2" with your hand touch driveshaft.

Is that mean axle soon break? What I need do? It have 93,000 miles but it been haul small trailer that weight 300 pounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts