Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I bought just a tad over 11 gallons (11.2), marking the spot where I filled up. I set my trip odometer before leaving the gas station. I've gone 300 miles and I'm nearly back to where I filled up. Not bad for a new engine (about 450 miles on it). :)

I don't sit in traffic or idle too much, and my commute is mostly on country roads with traffic only on the way home. No issues/problems with the car at all. Oh, that's my new DivX capable + HDMI & Upconvert DVD player I bought for 44 bucks. Looks good on my plasma. Mostly I like it because now I can just pop in DVDs with multiple movies on them without powering up my XP workstation media PC...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Ming said:
Oh, that's my new DivX capable + HDMI & Upconvert DVD player I bought for 44 bucks. Looks good on my plasma. Mostly I like it because now I can just pop in DVDs with multiple movies on them without powering up my XP workstation media PC...
L33t 5p34k. :) how big of a plasma?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tallkid said:
L33t 5p34k. :) how big of a plasma?
Only 42-inch, got it a couple of years ago. It doesn't seem to support progressive scan mode either... :huh: But it still provides nice vibrant colors.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's good mileage - sounds like right about what I get with my wagon, too.

That pic from the back -- it's crying out... "debadge me... I'll look good... you know you want to...":D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
schoolpsych said:
That's good mileage - sounds like right about what I get with my wagon, too.

That pic from the back -- it's crying out... "debadge me... I'll look good... you know you want to...":D
I think the license plate holder, the paper temp plate, the "S" and the badge make 4 ... no make that 5 with the "S" on the bumper cover "Suzukis" on my rear. So it should be a bit better when I get my real plates. :)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Ming said:
I think the license plate holder, the paper temp plate, the "S" and the badge make 4 ... no make that 5 with the "S" on the bumper cover "Suzukis" on my rear. So it should be a bit better when I get my real plates. :)
and the big black one on your steering wheel

·
Registered
75 Posts
From E (red line) I filled up and drove 345.5 miles before hitting the red line again then filled up putting in 13.45 gallons of gas. So that gives me 25.52 MPG.......and I don't take it easy. I have a tendance to drive like the accelerator pedal is an On/Off switch.

BTW I drive a Forenza Sedan with auto.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as you don't do the brake-gas-brake-gas-brake-gas, thing smason. Its always fun to be behind someone who is crusing with no one in front of them on the highway and braking constantly for no apparent reason. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How are cat backs for noise? I want a nice refined burble.

I was thinking of just switching the muffler out, but is the stock pipe terribly restrictive? CAI seems like a no brainer. Also though, after my Bonneville I'm kind of liking the way the Forenza's engine is so darned quiet at idle.

I'd like it only to really be noisy when I lay into the pedal. Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Ming said:
How are cat backs for noise? I want a nice refined burble.

I was thinking of just switching the muffler out, but is the stock pipe terribly restrictive? CAI seems like a no brainer. Also though, after my Bonneville I'm kind of liking the way the Forenza's engine is so darned quiet at idle.

I'd like it only to really be noisy when I lay into the pedal. Suggestions?
Try just a muffler, I read once that one of the biggest factors are the size of the piping, the bigger it is the louder the exhaust will be. I'd try to go with an axle back style exhaust, with stock size pipe (probably 1.75"...if its smaller than that you could opt to 1.75"). I had an axle back, with bigger piping, and approx 2.25" inlet and 2.75" outlet muffler and it wasn't loud by any means but a huge difference.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kinkyllama said:
Try just a muffler, I read once that one of the biggest factors are the size of the piping, the bigger it is the louder the exhaust will be. I'd try to go with an axle back style exhaust, with stock size pipe (probably 1.75"...if its smaller than that you could opt to 1.75"). I had an axle back, with bigger piping, and approx 2.25" inlet and 2.75" outlet muffler and it wasn't loud by any means but a huge difference.
Nice, I was thinking of doing that anyway, so good deal.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i have a borla boomer with no resonators. i'm probably going to get two resonators and/or a new muffler that isn't bazooka style. once i get a HF cat and put syiths downpipe back on, that is. the dual exhaust idea was a bad idea because we just don't need that much exhaust flow.

back on topic...i just filled up today and my trip meter said just over 300 and i was slightly under 1/4 tank. i didnt fill it all the way to find the exact amount of gas i used, but it's usually about 9 gallons when i fill it around this time. so my estimated MPG for this week is about 33.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts