Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of tearing my dash apart for nothing, can anyone just tell me if my stock head unit in my reno has RCA outs so i can hook up some thumpin 12's. Thanks. peace.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ShortBusx is right. You will probably come up empty handed looking for RCA outputs on a factory head unit. Your best bet (If you wanna keep the stock head unit) is to go to an autoparts, or Car Audio store (in some cases even Walmart!) and purchase a line level converter. Thats what I am using. I bought a PAC audio line level converter for $20.00usd from a local Car Audio shop. All you need to do is remove the stock deck and splice into the rear speaker wires (left and right) to get the signal needed. The little line level converter only then needs power and ground(power will come from the remote(ignition) wire. The line level converter has what you need right there. You can even take a small watch repair sized screwdriver and adjust some of the settings dependant upon the brand you get. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

BTW you might find more useful information from other non Reno/Optra Suzuki owners if you ask the moderator to relocate this thread to the Car Audio forum. ^_^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts