Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<_< I, like many others am experiencing the well documented timing chain rattle. Any body out there know if Suzuki will cover any of the repair? Also gas anyone ever had their motor seize due to the above problem? I guess I'm really asking is: can I just keep driving it or is the danger very real? Mine is a 2000 2.5 V-6 with 40,000 miles on it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by Steve@Nov 9 2004, 06:06 PM
<_< I, like many others am experiencing the well documented timing chain rattle. Any body out there know if Suzuki will cover any of the repair? Also gas anyone ever had their motor seize due to the above problem? I guess I'm really asking is: can I just keep driving it or is the danger very real? Mine is a 2000 2.5 V-6 with 40,000 miles on it
Don't quote me on this one, but I believe the timing chain is always covered for the whole life of the engine, maybe I'm wrong but I am pretty sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought a 2001 2.5 V6 GV and the timing chains were very noisy but the price was much lower than any other GV that I had looked at and I could replace the chains myself.A friend works at a Suzuki dealers told me that on low mileage motors the chains are usually ok but the tensioners stick due to constant short journey use or the oil not being changed.My car had done 34.000 miles and the oil was pretty dirty so I changed the oil and filter, that made a big difference, after 500 miles I added engine flush to the oil then changed the oil and filter again and added an addative made by Wynns that frees sticking hydraulic valve lifters, there is still a light rattle but nothing that sounds terminal, so I will carry on and hope that the chains are ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts