Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2008 SX4 sedan and the part of the dash above the information displays rattles. It seems like it should pop off from there, but I don't want to break it. Does someone know if and how that panel comes off?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This part can be removed. See below for instructions.

1. Pull the silver plastic accent trim pieces next to the radio out. I have found that starting at the bottom and gently working your way up to remove these pieces works best.

2. Undo the four screws holding the radio in place.

3. Slide the radio out to access the two screws securing the plastic piece around the information display.

4. After the two screws are removed the whole plastic piece around the information display is only held in place by tabs. It does not just pull away though as the emergency flasher connector will limit the travel of the plastic piece.

5. Remove the emergency flasher connector between heater vents.

6. Pull plastic piece free from the dash and locate your rattle.

The upper piece above the information display can further be disassembled by removing four additional screws.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a job!

Thank You, Schultzey...a bit of a process to go through, but just what I needed...Thanx again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to remove my radio to test antenna as my AM had died. How do you remove the silver panels on each side of the radio. I can get the bottom to come out but then it seems to bind. I don't want to ruin them. Is there any trick to removing these panels or do you just use brute force.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bottom silver panels do seem to come out easy and then a bit more firm on the way up. I used a flat head screwdriver to assist, pull gently, but firmly; they do pull off and snap back on after. It is funny that you are having AM issues; my AM would go out and then, no sound, but the FM works fine. Now no AM at all, but have not had time to check it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks rablesk for the quick response. I will attempt to get at the radio and pull it. Another forum mentioned using a coat hanger to replace antenna wire in back of radio and see if that elicits response to determine if the am side is dead or not or if it is a faulty antenna. We will see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts