Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased online a California Brief Bikini top for summer. It is made by Rampage and looks fine except when I tried to put it on my Samurai it didn't fit right in the header by the windshield. Has anyone had to put a different header on for your bikini top or brief? I am going to contact the seller tomorrow but just wondering what you all have done with different tops made for Sami's. It is part#90115. Seems like it is about 3/4 inch to wide actually and the part that is suppose to slide into the header is to thin, it just pops out,thanks for any input.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bad, I had to have a second pair of hands to hold the header in and snap both sides of the front at the same time. Then the way the rear secures to the roll bar is not the greatest but does work OK. I really like the feel of driving down the road with just the bikini on top giving plenty of air and freedom all around. If you are thinking about gettin one definitely go for it they are great!

·
Registered
47 Posts
After waiting a month for mine cause everyone was out of stock I installed it today and I noticed the same thing. It doesn't fit perfectly like most full soft tops but it should be sufficient. My problem is where the heck do you hook the straps around? I had to wrap it under the roll bar brace in the back. Hopefully it stays on down the road!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After waiting a month for mine cause everyone was out of stock I installed it today and I noticed the same thing. It doesn't fit perfectly like most full soft tops but it should be sufficient. My problem is where the heck do you hook the straps around? I had to wrap it under the roll bar brace in the back. Hopefully it stays on down the road!
Yes, that is exactly where I secured the back of it also. It doesn't seem like it will stay tight very well but it actually does. Just pull it as tight as you can and secure the straps. Enjoy, it does make driving around in the summer alot of fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts