Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rainy season has started in Northen California and during our last road-trip in the Samurai, our feet were dripped on from under the dash. When I would make a turn, the water would pour.

The top is a new Bestop and fits tightly.

I ran a piece of paper between the dash and bottom of the windshield seal while the leak was occuring, and it was dry.

I checked the cowl vent for proper drainage by pouring a glass of water in, and it instantly poured out of the drains under the hood, with no pooling in the tray under the vent.

The seal at the base of the windshield frame looks good at the edges, but I have no way of checking it once it disappears behind the dash. I guess I could run water from a hose against it to see if there are gaps. I can try that tonight.

Anyplace else I should be looking?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
check the holes in the firewall. There are a few that cables and wires pass through that have rubber sealed grommets. I had a couple of them with old cracked grommets that would leak water under the dash when water hit them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
do you have a radio ant on the cowl? That is if your leak is on the pass side?Mine was leaking something god awful and I traced it to the stero ant on the pass side of the cowl.A little clear sealant and all was good.Just an idea....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My antenna is on the windshield frame. Thanks for the tip though.

I'll look at the firewall after work today.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rainy season has started in Northen California and during our last road-trip in the Samurai, our feet were dripped on from under the dash. When I would make a turn, the water would pour.

I checked the cowl vent for proper drainage by pouring a glass of water in, and it instantly poured out of the drains under the hood, with no pooling in the tray under the vent.

Anyplace else I should be looking?
I had the same problem on my Zuk. Fixed it by putting hose clamps on the connecting tubes to the two water drain hoses. Make sure the tubes and drain hoses are clean, then add hose clamps. The hoses connect horizintally. Sometimes while driving the slightest upward climb would cause the water to drain backwards from the drain tubes and leak at the connections. I've had no leaks since I added hose clamp on both drain tubes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Have a check of the bonnet hinges and around the rubber seal as the water could be running through there especially going uphill :) just an idea

·
Registered
105 Posts
i had a loose windscreen washer nozel that let the water into the windscreen frame the frame has got a 12mm hole in it on both sides of 4x4 your antenna wire will go in one of them i also has a couple of cracks around the base of wiper pivot i just used white silicon as my 4x4 is white

1 - 10 of 10 Posts